July 10, 2009

Mamma Mia

Well, I was most excited to watch the musical live!! Oh yes, I am talking about the desi, Indian production... I must say they have done a good job... Those of us who grew up listening to ABBA had descended on the venue (Music Academy) and the air of expectancy was indeed palpable (to use a cliche). The academy is usually the place I frequent to listen to traditional classical music and I thought the venue will not suit the musical.. I was wrong!!
Right from the moment the musical began, the venue, setting etc didn't matter.. The cast were exremely good, both at dance and song, and the overall effect was excellent. Congrats to the Hot Shoe Dance Company for making Chennai proud! Excellent teamwork and the choreographer, director and producer get full marks... Its Varalaxmi's maiden venture and she has sure started off with a splash!! We were told that more shows in Hyderabd, Bangalore, Bombay and Delhi have been scheduled!! And they then plan to travel to Colombo, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore etc. by end of year... Good show

No comments: