July 3, 2009

Jai Ho Judiciary!

I am no celebrity, nor an activist, nor an LGBT, but I am proud of this landmark judgement by the Delhi HC, doing away with a century old ruling. For a change, I am proud of the judiciary in our country to have taken this bold step forward. Usually, I have always found the judiciary opting for status quo when an archaic law has to be done with, and make way for new.. But I guess we have some good judges who take bold decisions. And come on, its not just sex that these people want, its about their everyday life.. They can't nominate each other on bank accounts, get property in their names, visas etc.. If two adults wish to spend their life together, why should anybody else have a problem?? Maybe the immediate family can have an opinion but certainly not religious heads!! For the life of me I cannot understand why these so-called religious leaders are up in arms against the scrapping of IPC 377... It simply makes no sense to me.. Can anybody please enlighten me?

3 comments:

aoldeva said...

You are always on the degenerating side of the coin whenever such issues arise. Religion is there for the individual and in helping him / her to set up a healthy (in all respects) way of life. Answer lies within you. Do introspect. I don't mind even if you brand me as conservative.

The judgements of this kind will result in birth and/or expansion of AOL-like organizations, as more people will (have to) approach organizations like AOL where yoga/ meditation (the same yoga and meditation will be sold under different brand names) will be taught to make a come-back and spiritual business will flourish.

(This is the refined version of my thoughts; had it been my immediate response, it would have been harsher.)

aoldeva said...

PLEASE DO STUDY IN DEEP SRIMAD BHAAGAVATAM ALONE (LEAVING ANY OTHER BOOK / MEDIA ETC.) WITHOUUT COMPROMISING DAILY CHORES; YOU WILL BE ENLIGHTENED.

Devi said...

Yes Sir, I thank you for your comments and promise to read the Bhagwatham.... whether I get enlightened is for people like you to say:-)