June 30, 2009

Nostalgia

I was flicking channels on my TV remote and found not one channel worth watching for more than 30 secs.. It just made me wonder if plentitude means no quality!! So many channels in all languages and various options from music to soap to movies to sports to current affairs and none worthwhile. Something surely is wrong somehwere...
In the 1980s, as a kid, we had so few channels but I remember having a slew of delighful programmes that I used to look forward to.. To name some of my favourites, I loved all the BBC sitcoms /comedies ... To the Manor Born, Yes Minister, Mind your Language, Sherlock Holmes, Odd Couple to name a few....
And there were US prductions like the Here's Lucy, Different Strokes, not to mention evergreen comedies of Laurel & Hardy, Charlie Chaplin.. I remember Startrek with Captain Kirk, Dr. Spock too!! Don't they make such programmes anymore?? I am sure kids will like the clean entertainment these shows provided.

No comments: