February 4, 2010

The DNA of GM foods... the Basics

I think its a good idea to explain the technology and as Julie Andrews would say in Sound of Music... "Lets start from the very beginning...."

So, I am going to start form the very beginning.... by explaining what DNA / gene / expression / modification etc... actually mean. I also intend to describe the process, in as non technical manner as possible, for easy assimilation. 

I ought to have done this much earlier and I am quite excited at the prospect of writing about it, now. Watch this space.

2 comments:

R Swaminathan said...

I hope you explain in a language that will be understood by lesser mortals like me who have not studied science beyond 10th standard. :-) :-) For a long time I thought DNA was some kind of acid used in acid bombs (after all it does end with the word "acid"). There are many other ignorant folks like me....

Devi said...

For sure it will be in popular style with as little technical words as I can have. You are quite close, as far as DNA being likened to acid bombs:-); people refer to GM food as Franken food!!