July 8, 2011

Favourite Things

Sometimes an ordinary routine turns out to be special. This morning was one such day for me. As it happens often, I was running late to work and left a good 15 minutes late! I was dreading the traffic and the delay in getting into office. But the road seemed like everyone else decided to be home or left early this morning! I reached office in record time, like I would on a holiday:). Every painful traffic signal was green and the whole drive made me feel like they were waiting to make my day. 

It was a wonderful feeling to reach office on a working day, during peak hours without being in a traffic snarl. Such a very small event, very trivial, but had me beaming as I parked and got into office. Like Maria Von Trapp lists a few of her favourite things, I guess I can make mine too:-) 

No comments: