July 28, 2008

A Beautiful Mind

I only recently saw ‘A Beautiful Mind’ - a Ron Howard film with brilliant lead role by Russell Crowe.

I simply loved the movie. It had a nice mix of general college banter, witty humor, and some very poignant moments. What particularly struck me, as the most telling scene was the dialogue spoken by Dr. Rosen. “Imagine if you suddenly learned that the people, the places, the moments most important to you were not gone, not dead, but worse, had never been. What kind of hell would that be?”

It made me understand people battling the kind of condition much better. John Nash is an intelligent mathematician and the film is based on his life and how he copes with Schizophrenia. The movie is brilliantly taken and all the emotions he goes through and his wife Alicia are handled beautifully. I have newfound admiration for Russell Crowe; much credit goes to him for superb portrayal of Prof. John Nash.
I think many will agree that the acceptance speech on receiving his Nobel is the most touching scene in the movie. Its a 2001 release and many of you may have seen it but those who haven’t, pick it up the next time you head to the DVD library.

No comments: